Tuesday, June 22, 2010

a visit To ThE orPhaNagE

Today, I went to an orphanage wiv my course mates. We need to at least work for 4 hrs in the orphanage for our assignment purpose in the Leadership and Life Skill subject. I was kinda worried b4 i went thr tis morning as I know that I m nt gd in interacting wiv d others. Bt surprisingly, things turned out well at last. ^^ I think its sth tat shud b happy for. 

Its a Punjabi Orphanage which organised by a Guru bout 10 yrs ago. The purpose is to provide a shelter for children from broken or single family background and also orphans. The age range of the children are from 5 to 22. They are well trained and moral educated and they live under a peaceful and harmony environment. 

We reached there bout noon, got introduced to the officers b4 v start doin our chores. First we help to serve lunch for the children b4 they went for afternoon session classes. Later we have a short chat wiv some of the children while having our meal offerred by them. We are surprised to find tat they r serving vegetarian food for all d meals. But its nice nway, we had a different experience by having lunch thr. ^^ After lunch, we started to clean d dishes. There is A LOT of dishes to b cleaned. ^^ " It took us bout an hr to finish d work. We get to rest and take a look around d place b4 we started to serve lunch for d children who came bek fr d morning session classes.The day ended up by having a conversation wiv d Guru. =)

I shud say its a brand new experience for me to visit d orphanage 2day. I hv learned a lot from d visit, and I m also grateful wiv wt i hv nw. Compare to them, I thk we r vy lucky person. At least I thk I am. =)

No comments: