Thursday, August 19, 2010

Being Together

Last night, I went yc with my Uni friend at Wings Cafe. Reached there at about 9, we soon find ourself a comfortable seat to enjoy the night. It's a cooling night, together with the Venice Shore that I have ordered for myself and the soft music. Hmm... I really do enjoy the night in such ambience. :)

While me and my friend are enjoying the music and chatting, there is some happening in the cafe. There is a guy who proposed his girlfriend on the spot. He prepared a video of the memories along their 8 years relationship, and he suddenly showed up with a big bouquet of flower on his hand. He kneel down in front of her and ask her to marry him. Later he sing her a song which wrote by himself. The song is meaningful and soft, just like the lover's whisper. I bet his girlfriend must be touched. Without any doubt, he succeed. :) Sincerely, I wish them a happy, blessed and long-lasting marriage.

Usually I would define such romance as part of the fairy tale which will only appear in the drama or story books. An 8-years-relationship used to sound like a mission impossible to most of us, but the couple proves us that there are still, people who have faith and confidence towards love and marriage.

It is not an easy task to maintain a long term relationship, couple might face a lot of problems and challenges from many other different aspects. It requires a lot of faith, courage and confidence to go through all those obstacles. Those who manage to pass the test and reach the end would have win themselves a passport to the new chapter of life to spend with the one they love.

Sometimes, I wonder what is the meaning of being together. Does it mean spending all the time together? Or it means marrying someone and spend the rest of the life with his or her? 

Then now, I think that...

The meaning of being together might just as simple as, stay together regardless of poverty and sickness, thou shall also be faithful and loyal to each another. :)

No comments: