Monday, August 30, 2010

Forgive and Forget

I have nothing much to share in this post. Just a feeling, to write down my thoughts.

Sometime ago, something happened. Although time have passed and things have changed, but the lessons are remain still. So are the memories. Eventually it became a nightmare which haunted me whenever I feel weak and helpless. I couldn't help myself to not think about it, no matter how hard I tried. I was still, trapped in the past.

I wanted to let it go so so much, and free myself from the hatred and vengence. But why? Why is it so hard to forgive and forget? I don't wish to dwell in the past, but I can't convince myself to do so. Never have I felt that much of anger. Never have I felt that lost. Never have I felt that despair.

I am learning on how to forgive. But can I forget? and pretend that nothing has happened before? I don't know. It is always easy to forgive, but it never does when it comes to forget. Because the brain will captures those memories which have strong affection on our feelings. May be I just couldn't forget the feeling that I once had. The lessons are too great and it left me nothing, but the horrible truth to bear. 

Time have past and things have changed throughout all these while. I have changed but something in me are still remain. And I know there is still a long way for me to go, to finally learn to let go.

4 comments:

M said...

Nice post :)

We will never ever forget anything that is once significant to us, but we can choose to let go. When we let go, nothing else hurts anymore and it no longer bother us anymore.

Or better still, fake it, as in lying to ourselves. Lying is not a bad thing afterall in times like this. Lying to ourselves that we have to let go does make the real process of letting go much easier.

When we lie, we build a sort of resistance in us so that nothing could hurt and bother us that much.

:)

WenBin said...

Good comment gal ^^

Agree with what you said. But sometimes it is not easy to lie to ourselves though.

Think time and patience are the things that I need the most now. I will learn how and find myself a way out from this.

Life will never be perfect afterall. Only the strongest survive and lessons is the best teacher. Somehow I will make it through. :)

M said...

:) AGREE each and every word you said!

It's good to be optimistic hehe :)

Yes, what doesn't kills us only make us stronger!

All the best in everything yea!
Hope to see you soon ~

WenBin said...

LOL.. thx gal!! :)

Glad to have ur support. Wish you all the best too. And take k alwiz. :)