Monday, May 30, 2011

Pleasant Sunday

It was a pleasant day for me, and also for my mum I think. :) It's been a while since the last time we had a family day. We were lucky today as dad has a day off, 'cause usually he will be asked to stay for overtime if there's a need to rush for the deadlines. So we went for late breakfast at my uncle's hawker stall while I also got to visit him at the same time. It's like killing two birds with one stone. :p

Uncle Ching is surprised to see me, I couldn't blame him for that though as I know I haven't pay him a visit since CNY. Sometimes I turned down his dinner invitation as I got tests and assignments to rush on and I forgone the chances to visit him when I got dates and outings. I felt sorry for I can't spend more time visit him, listen nor talk to him. He used to buy me a lot of cool toys and games when I was young, treat me nice foods and also reward me for my distinction in studies. And now I saw him grew older each time I visit him. Time stops for no one, Uncle Ching is now an old man while I grew up into a young lady.

Me and my mum went for shopping after the meal and some chit-chatting. Mid-year sales is coming back soon and so we saw a lot of pre-sales and special weekend deal. Later I brought mum for a sweet treat at Snowflake. It's nice to sit down and enjoy a bowl of ice in a cozy place while chatting. We chat a lot today and its the first time since the cold war. I appreciated the moment that we have spent together, and hopefully it will be a reminder for us whenever we wanted to start an arguement again. >.<

We then took a slow walk back to Uncle Ching's place and meet up with dad. I took a nap before went out for dinner with my parents again. It's a simple yet warm Sunday that I spent with my family. I have nothing but to agree with what Uncle Mac used to say - Simplicity is happiness. ;)


Snowflake's Best Seller and Sea Amber Jelly by Snowflake ;)

No comments: